Sega has launched one other spherical of fixes for Sonic Origins, its disappointing assortment of traditional Sonic platformers, this time taking purpose at Sonic the Hedgehog 2’s troublesome Tails AI.
Sonic Origins was, to place it politely, a little bit of a multitude when it launched earlier this yr, and was plagued with sufficient presentational and technical points – as extensively documented by Digital Foundry’s John Linneman – that its developer hit out at writer Sega, saying it “very sad” on the state it had been launched in.
Since then, Sega has been working to repair a number of the sport’s extra egregious issues, and its newest patch – formally generally known as replace 1.04 – leads with an try and treatment an broadly reported AI problem that may repeatedly trigger Tails to goes off-screen in Sonic the Hedgehog 2, unable to rejoin the motion.
Past that, patch 1.04 guarantees plenty of different miscellaneous (and undocumented) bug fixes, plus corrections to varied mislabelled soundtrack names within the museum, and an replace to the Blue Sphere music meant to make it play on the right velocity.
1.04 is not all bug fixes nevertheless; it additionally makes plenty of new Sonic Mania codes appropriate with Sonic the Hedgehog 3’s sound take a look at function, as detailed by TheOcelot01 on Twitter:
- 6214 – disables Tremendous Sonic music.
- 19790811 – turns all enemies into squirrels “Ricky” when defeated
- 19921124 – infinite continues (works in Traditional Mode)
- 20170815 – fly whereas Tremendous Sonic (Egg Reverie Motion)
- 19930923 – prompts Tremendous Peel-Out
- 47891 – turns all item-boxes into query mark item-boxes so what you get is random
- 19910623 – adjustments flame, bubble, and lightning merchandise packing containers into Sonic 2 shields
- 00000000 – removes all rings, merchandise packing containers, and particular stage rings
- 19940202 – adjustments title display and zone title playing cards to “Sonic The Hedgehog 3”, eradicating “& Knuckles”
- 19900306 – turns all badniks into the Penguin badnik from Ice Cap
- 32160 – offers Sonic drop sprint and insta-shield in Competitors mode, offers regular 1 participant mode physics in Competitors mode, permits Knuckles to glide in Competitors mode
Sonic Origins’ 1.04 replace is on the market now on all platforms.